Turn your go-to summer cocktail into a breakfast specialty with the addition of a pineapple rum syrup.
Pina Colada Pancakes
- 1 cup Pancake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil (plus more to grease pan)
- 2 tablespoons Sweetened Coconut Shavings (plus more to garnish)
- For the Pineapple Rum Syrup:
- 2 cups Pineapple Chunks
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Rum (plus more if desired)
- Whisk together pancake mix, egg, milk, coconut milk, and coconut oil until smooth. Allow to sit while preheating a medium non-stick pan over medium-high.
- Grease the pan lightly with coconut oil. Ladle or pour enough batter into the pan to cover the surface. Cook until the bubbles form and most have popped. Sprinkle some coconut shavings over the pancake and then carefully flip. Cook on the second side for 30 seconds to a minute. Peek to check for a golden color and then remove to a plate. Serve with Pineapple Rum Syrup and garnish with coconut shavings.
- For the Pineapple Rum Syrup: Combine pineapples, water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once combined, bring up to a boil and cook down until slightly caramelized and a syrupy consistency. Slowly add rum to taste and cook for a few seconds to meld the flavors. Adjust rum to taste.