Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint
A tasty mocktail!
- step-by-step directions
Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 pound ginger (peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices)
Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint:
- 2 tablespoons ginger simple syrup (recipe above)
- 6 large fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime (sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- club soda (to top off)
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, water and ginger slices. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the ginger has infused, about 15-20 minutes. Strain the ginger from the syrup and discard or reserve for another use.
- For the Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint: Fill a tall glass with ice and set aside.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle together the ginger syrup, mint leaves, and 1 lime round. Add the pomegranate juice and fill with ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds and pour mixture into glass. Top with club soda and garnish with a lime round and serve.
- Tip: Add 2 ounces of your favorite liquor for an adult version of this soda!
Similar categories: Holidays & Occasions
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions