Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint
A tasty mocktail!
- step-by-step directions
Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 pound ginger (peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices)
Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint:
- 2 tablespoons ginger simple syrup (recipe above)
- 6 large fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime (sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- club soda (to top off)
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, water and ginger slices. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the ginger has infused, about 15-20 minutes. Strain the ginger from the syrup and discard or reserve for another use.
- For the Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint: Fill a tall glass with ice and set aside.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle together the ginger syrup, mint leaves, and 1 lime round. Add the pomegranate juice and fill with ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds and pour mixture into glass. Top with club soda and garnish with a lime round and serve.
- Tip: Add 2 ounces of your favorite liquor for an adult version of this soda!
Similar categories: Holidays & Occasions
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs