Ruby Red Cheesecake
Pomegranate Swirl Cheesecake
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon grated Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 2 pounds Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Whipped Cream (to garnish)
- Pomegranate Seeds (to garnish)
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together the crust ingredients until completely incorporated. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely while preparing the filling. Once cooled, wrap the outside and bottom with two pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- For the Filling: Cook pomegranate juice in a small sauce pot over medium-low until reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and vanilla extract and continue beating. Beat in one egg at a time, making sure to incorporate fully between each addition.
- Once the eggs are combined, beat in the yogurt and then heavy cream. Mix just until combined. Transfer 1 cup of batter to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Pour large portion of batter over the prepared crust. Mix the pomegranate juice with the reserve batter. Dollop over the cheesecake in 4 places. Using a skewer or butter knife, create a swirl by inserting skewer into a dollop and twirling around the pan without scraping the bottom. Repeat with the remaining dollops of flavored batter. Place cheesecake inside a roasting pan. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Carefully pour warm water into the roasting pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the spring form.
- Cook until just slightly jiggly in the center, about 75 minutes. Remove from oven and place spring form gently on a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature, then move to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve each slice a dollop of whipped cream and fresh pomegranate seeds.
Similar categories: Desserts