This grown up version of hash browns combines crispy potatoes topped with a fried egg, fresh arugula, and a dusting of Parmesan cheese.
Poor Man's Delight
- 1 Red Potato (very thinly sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1 Egg
- 1 handful Arugula or Spinach
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Basil Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Water
- In a frying pan, heat oil and throw in onions. Once sweated, add potatoes and lightly season with salt and pepper. Let brown then flip to other side. Once second side is browned, crack egg on top of potatoes and lightly season with salt and pepper. Add basil leaf and water and cover for a minute.
- Add a handful of arugula and another pinch of salt. Once greens are wilted down, sprinkle cheese on top and serve.