Feel free pop these into your mouth, one at a time, or pile them high for your next sandwich. Take it from us, you won't be disappointed!
- 1 pound rock shrimp
- 2 cups rice flour (plus 1/2 cup to dredge)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups ice cold seltzer
- vegetable oil (to fry)
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup chives (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oil to 360°F.
- Season the 1/2 cup rice flour with salt.
- Dust the shrimp in the seasoned flour.
- Combine the seltzer and egg yolks, stirring until combined. Add the 2 cups of rice flour and stir just until mixed, but not smooth.
- Batter the shrimp, allowing the excess to drip off. In batches, fry the shrimp until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add the shrimp to the bowl, toss to coat, and skewer three shrimp together. transfer to a platter. Garnish generously with chives and enjoy.
- Tip: Use very cold soda water when combining with the egg yolk, as cold soda water holds onto the bubbles much better.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Shrimp Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Lunch