Feel free pop these into your mouth, one at a time, or pile them high for your next sandwich. Take it from us, you won't be disappointed!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound rock shrimp
- 2 cups rice flour (plus 1/2 cup to dredge)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups chilled seltzer water
- vegetable oil (to fry)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo puree
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup chives (thinly sliced, plus more to garnish)
- Preheat oil to 360ºF.
- Place half a cup of rice flour in a large bowl or casserole dish and season with salt. Add the shrimp to the seasoned rice flour and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled seltzer and egg yolks, whisking until combined. Add the 2 cups of rice flour and stir just until mixed, but not smooth. Batter the shrimp, allowing the excess to drip off.
- In batches, fry the shrimp until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, chipotle in adobo puree, honey, juice of half a lime, and chives. Stir to combine. Add the shrimp to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat.
- To serve, skewer three shrimp together. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Transfer to a platter. Garnish with chives.
- Tip: Use very cold soda water when combining with the egg yolk, as cold soda water holds onto the bubbles much better.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Shrimp Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Lunch
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Spring Orzo Salad
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad