Feel free pop these into your mouth, one at a time, or pile them high for your next sandwich. Take it from us, you won't be disappointed!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound rock shrimp
- 2 cups rice flour (plus 1/2 cup to dredge)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups chilled seltzer water
- vegetable oil (to fry)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo puree
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup chives (thinly sliced, plus more to garnish)
- Preheat oil to 360ºF.
- Place half a cup of rice flour in a large bowl or casserole dish and season with salt. Add the shrimp to the seasoned rice flour and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled seltzer and egg yolks, whisking until combined. Add the 2 cups of rice flour and stir just until mixed, but not smooth. Batter the shrimp, allowing the excess to drip off.
- In batches, fry the shrimp until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, chipotle in adobo puree, honey, juice of half a lime, and chives. Stir to combine. Add the shrimp to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat.
- To serve, skewer three shrimp together. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Transfer to a platter. Garnish with chives.
- Tip: Use very cold soda water when combining with the egg yolk, as cold soda water holds onto the bubbles much better.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Shrimp Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Lunch
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs