A bite sized taco!
Clinton Kelly's Pork Mini Tacos
- For the Filling:
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 Yellow or Spanish Onion (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
For the Shells:
- Canola Oil (for frying)
- 1 dozen Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Tomatoes (finely minced)
- 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce (finely shredded)
- Taco Sauce (for garnish)
- Sour Cream (for garnish)
- For the filling: Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sweat until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground pork and cook, breaking up as it browns, until browned completely, about 5-10 minutes. Drain the meat but do not clean pan.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the meat back to the skillet, along with the spices. Mix well and then add the tomato sauce and jalapeno. Simmer and allow to reduce slightly, about 10-15 minutes. Check and adjust seasoning.
- For the Shells: Preheat oil to 375 degrees F. Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of the tortillas. Submerge the tortilla cut-outs into the oil, folded over a wooden spoon to create taco shell shape. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to serve.
- To Serve: Spoon meat into taco shell and top with lettuce, tomato, salsa and sour cream.