This tasty version of the French clafoutis is sure to be manufique
Prosciutto and Spinach Clafoutis
- For the Batter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 3 Egg Whites
- For the Clafoutis
- 1 large bunch Spinach (cleaned)
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 clove Garlic (sliced)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 ounces Prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (to garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together the Yolks and Half and Half until thoroughly combined. Gently mix in the Flour followed by the Melted Butter, Sugar, Salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the Egg Whites until loose peaks form.
- Gently fold the Egg Whites in to the Egg Yolk mixture until everything is fully combined but not deflated.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add a tablespoon of Butter and add the Garlic and Spinach, cooking until just wilted. Season with a pinch of Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Stir the Prosciutto. Remove from heat, and pour into the bottom of a ceramic pie plate. Add the batter over and garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve warm and garnish with more Parmigiano-Reggiano.