These colorful potatoes are delicious and nutritious!
Daphne Oz's Purple Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary and Caramelized Onions
- 2 pound Peruvian Purple Potatoes
1/2 cup Whole Milk
4 tablespoon Butter (cut into tablespoon-sized pieces)
4 tablespoon Rosemary (chopped)
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Onion (cut into even 1/2-inch thick rings)
- Place potatoes into a large pot and fill with enough cold water to cover. Season with pinch of kosher salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, until potatoes are very tender. Drain and return to pot.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the butter.
- In a small sauce pot steep rosemary and garlic in milk.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, and season with salt, then toss to coat in oil. Arrange the onion into an even layer in the pan, and cook stirring occasionally, but retaining an even layer. Cook until the onions caramelize, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove onions, and roughly chop. Fold the onions, rosemary and garlic milk into the potatoes. Garnish with chives and serve.