Get the grill fired up for a yummy quesadilla party!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 ears corn (shucked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained, 14 ounces)
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced)
- 20 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 lime (zested)
- 1 cup salsa (store-bought)
- lime wedges (to serve)
- 1 bunch cilantro (leaves only)
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken and steak with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until lightly charred about 4 minutes, flip and cook another 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and steak is medium rare. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Thinly slice the steak and chicken thighs.
- Place corn in steamer basket set in a large pot with an inch of water. Bring to a boil and allow the corn to cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the steamer, cool until able to handle. Cut the corn off the cob.
- Place corn, cheddar cheese, pepper Jack cheese, black beans, and scallions in individual bowls. Arrange a platter of sliced chicken and steak.
- Allow guests to build their own quesadilla with desired toppings. Fold tortilla over and place on grill to cook until golden, about 3 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes or until golden and cheese is warm and melted.
- To Garnish: in a small bowl, add the sour cream, avocado, the zest of one lime, a pinch of salt and mix to combine.
- Serve finished quesadillas with avocado sour cream, salsa, lime wedges and cilantro in individual bowls to garnish.
- Tip: if you don't want to grill, cook the quesadillas in a nonstick sauté pan or griddle.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Chicken & Poultry Steaks Courses & Meals Dinner Beef Chicken Lunch Quick & Easy Lunches
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber