Get the grill fired up for a yummy quesadilla party!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 ears corn (shucked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained, 14 ounces)
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced)
- 20 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 lime (zested)
- 1 cup salsa (store-bought)
- lime wedges (to serve)
- 1 bunch cilantro (leaves only)
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken and steak with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until lightly charred about 4 minutes, flip and cook another 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and steak is medium rare. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Thinly slice the steak and chicken thighs.
- Place corn in steamer basket set in a large pot with an inch of water. Bring to a boil and allow the corn to cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the steamer, cool until able to handle. Cut the corn off the cob.
- Place corn, cheddar cheese, pepper Jack cheese, black beans, and scallions in individual bowls. Arrange a platter of sliced chicken and steak.
- Allow guests to build their own quesadilla with desired toppings. Fold tortilla over and place on grill to cook until golden, about 3 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes or until golden and cheese is warm and melted.
- To Garnish: in a small bowl, add the sour cream, avocado, the zest of one lime, a pinch of salt and mix to combine.
- Serve finished quesadillas with avocado sour cream, salsa, lime wedges and cilantro in individual bowls to garnish.
- Tip: if you don't want to grill, cook the quesadillas in a nonstick sauté pan or griddle.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Chicken & Poultry Steaks Courses & Meals Dinner Beef Chicken Lunch Quick & Easy Lunches
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat