Quick Everything Bagels
Quick and delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour (plus additional for dusting)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 cup room temperature water
- vegetable oil (for greasing)
Everything Bagel Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons dried garlic flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of warm water and yeast and allow to sit until yeast has dissolved and water begins to bubble.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, salt and whisk to combine. Remove to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the bread hook attachment. Add yeast mixture, 1 cup of room temperature water and turn the machine on low speed. Allow the dough to mix until stiff and blended, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to medium and knead for another 3-4 minutes, until the dough is smooth and more elastic, but also tacky. Remove the dough to a vegetable oil-greased bowl, cover with a damp towel and allow to rest for 50 minutes.
- Remove the dough to the floured surface and divide into 6 pieces. Using two greased hands, form the dough into a smooth, tight ball. Poke a hole into the center of the bagel with your thumb and carefully stretch the hole to become 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Continue shaping the rest of the dough. Remove the bagels to a lightly floured baking sheet. Cover the bagels with a damp kitchen towel and allow to rest for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the bagels into the water and boil for 45 seconds on each side. Discard the flour on the lined baking sheet. Grease the parchment on the baking sheet. Drain well and remove the bagels to the baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops of the bagels with the everything bagel seasoning. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve warm with cream cheese.
- For the Everything Bagel Seasoning: In a small bowl, add the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes and flaky sea salt.
- Tip: Make it your own! Use your favorite seasonings to top your bagels with before baking.
Similar categories: Bread & Pastry Appetizers Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads Breakfast & Brunch
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions
Baked Orzo with Turkey Meatballs
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Cobb Salad Baked Potato
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Hardy's Hearty Lasagna