Quick Ham with Honey Mustard
Be careful, this ham is so good you just might make a pig of yourself!
- step-by-step directions
Quick Ham with Honey Mustard
- 3/4 cup Kosher Salt
- 4 cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 cup Black Peppercorns
- 4 cups Very Hot Water
- 8 cups Ice Water
- 4 pound Pork Loin (bone in)
- 3/4 cup Fresh Sage Leaves
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 tablespoon Fennel Pollen
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Apricot Jam
- 1 tablespoon Coleman's Dry Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- Honey Mustard
- 2/3 cup Ground Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Tigelle Bread (to serve)
- Jam (such as currant; to Serve)
- Lightly score the fat on the Ham in a 1-inch cross-hatch.
- Combine the Salt and Sugar with 4 cups water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Cook until Sugar and Salt has dissolved completely. Remove from heat and stir in the Fennel Seeds and Peppercorns and transfer to a roasting pan or large container that can hold Brine and Pork Loin in the fridge.
- Add 8 cups of Ice or cold water to the hot liquid and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, add the Pork Loin and place in the fridge to Brine for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the rub ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mostly smooth.
- Remove the Pork Loin from the Brine and pat dry. Spread the rub on all sides of the Loin and allow to sit for 30 minutes before roasting to come up to room temperature.
- Place the Loin on a rack in a roasting pan lined with foil and cook for 40 minutes.
- Brush the Loin generously with the glaze and place back in the oven. Baste once more with the glaze after another 10 minutes then allow to cook until the internal temperature reaches 145°F, up to an hour and a half of total cooking time. If the Loin takes on too much color before its done cooking, gently tent with foil and place back in the oven to finish.
- Remove the Loin from the oven and baste once more with the glaze and allow the Loin to rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice and serving on a Tigelle or similar roll with fresh Honey Mustard.
- For Glaze: Combine the ingredients in a sauce pot and heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced by half and syrupy. Transfer to a bowl and allow to rest until ready to use.
- For Fresh Honey Mustard: Combine the ingredients in a sauce pot and heat, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and transfer to a jar or airtight container. This can be made a few days in advance.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pork Ham Courses & Meals Dinner Pork Holidays & Occasions Easter Christmas
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami