You're only 25 minutes away from this amazing steak with cream peppercorn sauce!
Quick Steak au Poivre
- 2 12 oz. Boneless Strip Steaks
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Shallot (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 2 tablespoons Brined Green Peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons Demi-glace or 1 cup Stock reduced to 3 tablespoons
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 bunch Chives (sliced)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the Steaks generously with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Drizzle with Olive Oil. Add the Steaks to the pan and sear, cooking about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove Steaks to a plate to rest, and reduce heat to medium. Add a tablespoon of Olive Oil and the Shallot to the pan, and cook until softened, about a minute, and then very carefully add the Brandy. Using a long stemmed lighter, ignite the Brandy, allowing the alcohol to cook off. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, and then add the Green Peppercorns, Stock or Demi-Glace, and bring to a boil. Stir in the Cream, and check seasoning.
- Slice Steaks against the grain and divide among 4 plates. Stir the Chives into the sauce, and spoon over the Steaks to serve.