Quick Tomato Sauce
Not a ton of time on your hands? Clinton's sauce is the way to go!
- step-by-step directions
Classic Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds fully ripened plum tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion peeled, halved)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese(grated, to garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Drop the spaghetti into the water and cook according to the package instructions.
- In a large heavy bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butterl. Add the onion halves and garlic, stirring to combine. Season with salt to taste. Cook until until the onions are translucent, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 8 more minutes, allowing the sauce to reduce slightly.
- Add the pasta to sauce, along with 1/4 cup of pasta water, and basil leaves and toss to combine. Serve warm and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Freeze the tomato sauce in an ice cube tray so you always have a desired amount of tomato sauce at the ready!
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs