Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
A delicious cake for any occasion!
- step-by-step directions
- cooking spray (to grease)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter and sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blend until incorporated.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and stir to combine. With the standing mixer on low, add a small amount of the flour mixture and alternate with milk until all of the flour mixture and milk has been incorporated.
- In a large bowl, add cocoa powder, food coloring, vanilla extract, and a few drops of water and whisk to combine. Add cocoa mixture to the cake batter and mix on medium speed until combined. Remove mixture to the cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely, about 15 - 20 minutes. Cut the cake evenly in half, creating two layers.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta, sugar, and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the cannoli mixture on the bottom half of the cake and fit the top back onto the cake. Spread a thin layer of the filling around the sides. Cut and serve.
- Tip: Use your favorite cake base for the cannoli cream frosting! Try chocolate or even pistachio cake! Garnish with your favorite cannoli toppings.
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip
Noodles with Cabbage and Onions
Make-Ahead Beef Bourguignon