Red Wine Salted Popcorn
A tasty spin on a Scandalous treat!
- step-by-step directions
For the red wine salt:
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup flaky sea salt
For the Popcorn:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (popped in an air-popper)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside until ready to use.
- For the red wine salt: In a small saucepot add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the wine is thickened and measures about 1 tablespoon of liquid. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To the cooled liquid add ½ cup of the salt and stir to combine. If there is additional red wine liquid remaining add the rest of the sea salt. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet in a thin layer and let dry overnight. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- For the popcorn: In a medium sauce pot over medium heat add the coconut oil and melt. Place one popcorn kernel in the pop and wait for it to pop. Remove and add in the remaining popcorn kernels and cook until all the kernels have popped. Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with the red wine sea salt and serve!
rate this recipe
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue