Why have the same ol' Strawberry Rhubarb when you can take it up a notch with Carla's Berry Slab!
Rhubarb Berry Slab Pie
- 2 Recipes For Carla's Perfect Pie Crust
- 4 cups Rhubarb (Chopped)
- 2 quarts Fresh Strawberries
- 2 pints Fresh Blackberries
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg (For Egg Wash)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar In The Raw
- Powder Sugar (For Garnish)
- Whipped Cream (For Garnish)
- Line the bottom of your oven with a sheet of foil. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a 18" X 13" inch sheet pan.
- Roll out doughs to a 24"x19" rectangle. Line the pan with 1 piece of dough.
- In a large bowl combine Rhubarb, Berries, Sugar and Cornstarch. Spread the Chocolate Chips on the bottom of the pan on top of the dough. Add the Berries and top with the remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush on top of the dough. Sprinkle with Sugar in the Raw.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is golden. Serve with Powdered Sugar and Whipped Cream.