Michael's smokey, spicy, man-sized steak is fit for a king!
Rib Steak with Adobo Rub
- 4 Boneless Rib Steaks (1" thickness)
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil
- For Adobo Rub
- 2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Ancho Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- Quick Salad
- 1 large ripe Tomato (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 bunch Watercress (trimmed)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Sherry Vinegar
- Prepare the Adobo rub by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl or on a platter. Dip each Rib Steak in the Adobo rub and coat both sides evenly. Keep refrigerated till needed.
- To cook the Rib Steaks:
- Preheat outdoor grill to high heat.
- Season the Adobo-Coated Rib Steak with Kosher Salt and sear the first side for 3-4 minutes before turning to cook the second side. Cook till desired doneness.
- Allow the finished Steaks to rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Toss Tomato, Red Onion, and Watercress very lightly in Olive Oil and Sherry Vinegar and serve alongside Steak.