The perfect snack for any party - especially for the big game.
Ground Beef with Cheddar Dome and Pickled Jalapenos
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (80/20 blend)
- 1/2 small onion (finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspons dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 RITZ Crackers (crushed)
- 16 Kraft Big Slice Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 32 RITZ Crackers
- 32 thin pickled jalapeño slices (3/4 cup)
- Set a large sauté pan over high heat, add beef, onions and garlic. Sauté for 4-5 min. until lightly browned. Season with garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano. Cook for 7-8 min. until well browned. Add tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce; stir well. Cook 5 min. more until cooked through. Add crushed RITZ Crackers to tighten up the mixture. Keep warm.
- Heat broiler. Cut rounds out of cheese slices using a 2-inch round biscuit or cookie cutter. (You should get 2 rounds from each cheese slice; reserve scraps for other use.) Top each RITZ Cracker with 1 teaspoon of lightly packed beef mixture. Place a piece of jalapeno on each then top with a round of cheese. Set out on a roasting tray and broil for 1-2 min. until cheese has melted and is bubbly.