Roasted Chicken with Boozy BBQ Sauce
Boozy BBQ sauce? Sign us up!
- step-by-step directions
Boozy BBQ Chicken:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste
- 8 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1 medium carrots (peeled, shredded)
- 1/4 cup scallions (thinly sliced)
- For Boozy BBQ Chicken: Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic, red onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Whisk in ketchup, wine, sugar, hot sauce, mustard and worcestershire. Bring sauce to a boil, then simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top of the sheet tray. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place on the rack and roast until the skin is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and using a pastry brush, coat the chicken on both sides with some boozy bbq sauce and put back into the oven for another 20 minutes. Baste once more halfway through cooking. Remove the chicken when cooked through or a meat thermometer reads 165ºF and until chicken is slightly charred and caramelized. Remove to cool.
- For Coleslaw: In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add carrots, red and green cabbage and scallions to the bowl and toss until the vegetable are coated thoroughly. Refrigerate until slightly chilled, about 30 minutes, and toss again to serve.
- Tip: Make the BBQ sauce a day in advance to cut down on cook time!
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip
Noodles with Cabbage and Onions
Make-Ahead Beef Bourguignon
Breakfast Carbonara Casserole
Sweet Potato Pierogies
Sugar Cookie Christmas Trees