Breads, meats, and veggies...this spread has endless uses!
Roasted Garlic Spread
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Oregano (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Begin by slicing the whole head in half across the middle. Drizzle it with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil then place it on a sheet of foil. Bring all four corners of the foil together and pinch closed to create a bundle, and place it directly on your oven rack in a 350°Foven for about 40 minutes.
- The Garlic will be soft and slightly brown in color when it’s done. Remove it from the oven, and squeeze the cloves out into a small mixing bowl. At this point the Garlic should be very soft and caramelized and will fall out easily. Mash the Garlic with the back of a fork until it starts to turn into a paste. This will be easier to do while the Garlic is still warm. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing to incorporate. Check seasoning and serve.