Roasted Yam Tart
Ziggy Marley's Roasted Yam Tart is a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal!
- step-by-step directions
Roasted Yam Tart
- 1 puff pastry sheet (thawed)
- 1/2 pound yams (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup onion (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup feta (crumbled)
- hempseeds (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Parbake the puff pastry sheet on a sheet pan to 80% of package cooking time.
- At the same time, combine the yams, onions, thyme, 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil on a sheet pan and roast alongside puff pastry.
- When pastry sheet is parbaked, remove from oven and brush with 1/2 tablespoon of each oil.
- Remove vegetable filling from oven, making sure the yams are soft, and spread evenly over pastry.
- Top with feta cheese and hemp seeds, then bake until cheese somewhat melts and puff pastry cooking time is complete (the final 20% of the cooking time).
- Garnish with fresh thyme.
- Tip: Use your favorite seasonal squash to make this tart. Serve warm or room temperature.
rate this recipe
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce