A sinfully delicious dessert!
Mario Batali's Rose and Almond Panna Cotta
- 1/2 cup Sliced Blanched Almonds
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Plus 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 sheets Gelatin
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spread the almonds in a single layer in a small, ovenproof baking dish or on a baking sheet and toast until they are golden brown and aromatic, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the almonds from the oven and immediately place them in a medium saucepan. Add the heavy cream and sugar and bring to a boil. Take the mixture off the heat and place the lid on the saucepan. Let sit for 30 minutes to infuse the liquid with the flavor of the almonds. In the meantime, place the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water to soften them.
- Return the saucepan to medium heat to bring the cream mixture to scalding, then take it off the heat again. Remove the gelatin from the water, pat away the excess water with a soft towel, and add the gelatin to the pan, whisking it thoroughly to dissolve it.
- Strain the cream and almond mixture through a chinois or a fine-mesh sieve to remove the sliced almonds. Whisk in the milk and rose water. Divide the mixture among 6 dessert glasses and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.