It's amazing that a tart this good doesn't break the bank!
Rustic Blueberry Tart
- 1 Recipe For Carla's Perfect Pie Crust (Makes 2 crusts)
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Orange (Juice and Zest)
- 1 Egg (Whisked)
- Turbinado Sugar (For Garnish)
- Powdered Sugar (For Garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Allow dough to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together Blueberries, Sugars, Salt, Vanilla, Cornstarch and Orange Juice and Zest.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Place dough onto a cookie sheet with parchment underneath. Pour the Blueberry mixture into the center of the dough leaving a 2-inch border. Pleat the dough every 2-3 inches until you have created a rustic wall to hold the Blueberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together one Egg and a splash of Water. Brush the exposed dough with the Egg wash. Sprinkle the dough with Turbinado Sugar. Bake for 40 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with powdered Sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.