This traditional Greek dish is cheesy & delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more)
- 8 slices halloumi cheese (cut into 1-inch slices, about 8 ounces)
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed with skin on)
- 2 tablespoons Greek brandy
- 1 lemon (juice)
- pita bread (soft and warmed to serve)
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add cheese slices, garlic cloves and oregano. Sear the cheese until golden brown, 1-2 minutes then flip and sear on the other side, 1 minute.
- Pull pan off the heat. Very carefully, standing away from the pan, add the brandy and flambé with lighter. Return to heat. Allow flame to subside. Add lemon juice and swirl to combine. To finish, drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve immediately with warm pita bread.
- Have all ingredients prepared ahead of time. The process goes quickly!
- Remove the brandy for a kid-friendly appetizer!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Dinner Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Cuisine Greek
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Cobb Salad Baked Potato
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions
Baked Orzo with Turkey Meatballs
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Hardy's Hearty Lasagna
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
No-Bake Cheesecake Bites Two Ways
Georgian Cheese Bread
Pork and Shaved Brussels Sprouts Skillet