This traditional Greek dish is cheesy & delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more)
- 8 slices halloumi cheese (cut into 1-inch slices, about 8 ounces)
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed with skin on)
- 2 tablespoons Greek brandy
- 1 lemon (juice)
- pita bread (soft and warmed to serve)
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add cheese slices, garlic cloves and oregano. Sear the cheese until golden brown, 1-2 minutes then flip and sear on the other side, 1 minute.
- Pull pan off the heat. Very carefully, standing away from the pan, add the brandy and flambé with lighter. Return to heat. Allow flame to subside. Add lemon juice and swirl to combine. To finish, drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve immediately with warm pita bread.
- Have all ingredients prepared ahead of time. The process goes quickly!
- Remove the brandy for a kid-friendly appetizer!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Dinner Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Cuisine Greek
Braised Chicken Thighs with Escarole and Cannellini Beans
Pumpkin Sweet Rolls
Pumpkin Pot Pie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna