The compound butter does double duty of adding extra deliciousness and moisture to the chicken
Sage, Lemon Chicken with Buttered Green Beans
- 1/4 cup Fresh Sage Leaves; roughly chopped
- 2 Lemons; 1 Lemon cut into wedges to serve
- 2 Garlic Cloves ; smashed
- 8 ounces Unsalted Butter; softened
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Chicken; cut into 8 pieces - breast cut in half
- 1 pound Green Beans; trimmed
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor, pulse together the Sage, Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon, and Garlic. Once coarsely chopped, add the Butter and pulse until combined. Season with Salt & Pepper to taste, then remove 1/3 of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Loosen the skin of the Chicken and place a generous amount of the Compound Butter under the skin of each piece. Season the Chicken pieces with Salt & Pepper. Transfer to a baking dish and drizzle with Olive Oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes and check the temperature of the breast and thigh meat using a meat thermometer. Remove any pieces that register 160°F and return the remaining chicken to the oven. Continue to cook until all of the pieces register 160°F. Remove from oven and set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of Oil. Add the Beans into an even layer and cook without disturbing for 1 minute. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved Compound Butter and sauté for 1-2 more minutes or until Beans are crispy and still bright green.
- Serve Chicken and Green Beans with Lemon wedges.