Saint's Salad with Ginger-Maple Vinaigrette
Daphne's Saint's Salad will turn any kale hater into a kale lover with this delicious recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 bunch Tuscan (lacinato) kale (washed, dried, ribs removed)
- 1 1/4 cups wild rice or long-grain brown rice (cooked)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored, finely diced)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, hazelnuts, or walnuts (toasted)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 - inch piece fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 small clove garlic (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- For the Salad: Stack a few kale leaves and roll them like a cigar, then thinly slice them crosswise into ribbons. Remove to a large bowl.
- For the Dressing: Peel the ginger and grate it on a microplane into a medium bowl. Gather the grated ginger in your fingers and squeeze to release the ginger juice, then discard the pulp. Grate the garlic into the bowl with the ginger juice. Whisk in the vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and toss to combine. Add the wild rice and apple and toss to combine. Let the salad sit for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with the nuts and pomegranate seeds (if using) and serve.
- Tip: To toast the pine nuts, place them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Crispy Everything Bagel Baked Ravioli
Lemon Champagne Float
Pork Chop Milanese with Peach and Potato Salad
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Pork and Beef Meatballs
Savory Rye French Toast with Corned Beef Hash and Cheddar Onion Butter
Paella with Chorizo, Shrimp, Calamari, Mussels, Green Peas, and Curry Butter