You can never go wrong with a delicious Nicoise Salad.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 Cups arugula
- 1 Lb small new potatoes (roasted until tender)
- 2 oz fresh tuna 8 oz green beans (blanched and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 8 oz grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Cup pitted mixed olives
- 4 hard boiled eggs (cut in half)
- 1/4 fresh basil leaves (to garnish)
- For the lemon vinaigrette :
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 shallot (minced)
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a large sautee pan or griddle over high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Season the tuna steak with salt and pepper and place on the preheated pan. Sear the tuna for 2 minutes ton each side. Remove from heat. Thinly slice the seared tuna.
- On a large platter or 4 separate plates, build the salad on top of a bed of arugula. Arrange all of the ingredients in their own separate rows. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad. Serve garnished with fresh basil leaves.
- To make the vinaigrette:
- In a small mixing bowl combine lemon juice, Dijon, shallots and season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the vinaigrette comes together. Serve over salad or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Use canned tuna instead of fresh.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Other Fish Potato Eggs Courses & Meals Lunch Lunch Salads
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal