- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 pound Ground Beef (80% lean)
- 1/4 cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Plus 3 tablespoons Canned Tomato Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (thinly sliced; 2 cups)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of the beef broth. Put a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, 3 tablespoons of the tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix thoroughly and then divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a flat oval-shaped patty, about 1/4 inch thick. Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the preheated skillet. Add the beef patties and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the meat and scoot the patties to one side of the pan. Add the onion and a pinch each of salt and pepper to the empty space and cook until the beef patties are golden brown on the second side, about 2 minutes. Put the patties on a plate and cover with foil while you prepare the sauce.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining 1 3/4 cups beef broth, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed. Return the beef patties to the pan, and cook until the sauce thickens and the meat is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal