- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 pound Ground Beef (80% lean)
- 1/4 cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Plus 3 tablespoons Canned Tomato Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (thinly sliced; 2 cups)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of the beef broth. Put a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, 3 tablespoons of the tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix thoroughly and then divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a flat oval-shaped patty, about 1/4 inch thick. Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the preheated skillet. Add the beef patties and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the meat and scoot the patties to one side of the pan. Add the onion and a pinch each of salt and pepper to the empty space and cook until the beef patties are golden brown on the second side, about 2 minutes. Put the patties on a plate and cover with foil while you prepare the sauce.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining 1 3/4 cups beef broth, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed. Return the beef patties to the pan, and cook until the sauce thickens and the meat is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve.
rate this recipe
Banana Bread Boat Fondue
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Orange Beer Spritz
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders