Salsa Joe Boats
Salsa Joe Boats
- POTATO SKINS
- 3 pounds Small Yukon Gold Potatoes; approx. 12 – washed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
SALSA JOE MEAT SAUCE
- 6 large Garlic Cloves; unpeeled
- 1 medium White Onion; quartered
- 1 pound Tomatoes; whole
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro or Basil; chopped with stems included
- 3 tablespoons White Distilled Vinegar
- 1 each chipotle chilies*
- 4 ounces Ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef; 90% lean - fine grind**
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- fresh cut Chives
- thinly sliced Serrano Pepper
**If you are following Simple Start, use beef that's at least 93% lean or count this towards your daily indulgence points
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F and toss Potatoes with Oil, Salt and Pepper in a bowl.
2. On a cookie sheet, bake potatoes for 60-75 minutes, until wrinkled and cooked through.
3. After partially cooled, cut the Potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon or melon baller, gently scoop the cooked Potato flesh from each half of the Potato, creating an oval pocket with the sides about ¼ inch thick.
Salsa Joe Meat Sauce
1. In an unoiled, cast iron or similar skillet, over medium-low heat, roast the following ingredients simultaneously, at specified times, until dark, charred spots begin to develop on each:
b. Garlic: about 8-10 minutes, turning ½ way through. Cool, and then discard the papery skins.
c. Onion Pieces: about a total of 20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes to char each side.
d. Tomatoes: about 20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes to char each side.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks