A quick and tasty app!
- step-by-step directions
- 16 extra-large white mushrooms (caps and stems separated)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1/2 yellow onion (peeled, minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated, plus additional to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil, set aside.
- Trim the mushroom stems and chop them finely. Set aside. In a large bowl, add the mushroom caps and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sausage. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned. Then add the chopped mushroom stems, onions, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables start to soften, about 5-10 minutes. Deglaze with red wine and simmer until the pan is almost dry, about 3-5 minutes. Add the panko bread crumbs, stirring to combine with the other ingredients. Remove the pan from heat and add the cream cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano, season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow mixture to slightly cool.
- Fill each mushroom generously with the sausage mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake until the stuffing is browned and crispy, about 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with additional Parmigiano-Reggiano
rate this recipe
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch