Mario’s deep-fried vegetable fritters with creamy dipping sauce are impossible to resist!
Savory Broccoli Beignets
- For the Beignets
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- Salt; to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 large head Broccoli; grated on box grater
- Vegetable Oil; to fry
- For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Crème Fraîche
- 3 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Capers; roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Scallions; thinly sliced
- Preheat 2 inches of Oil in a large Dutch oven to 360 degrees F.
For the Beignets
Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt in a large bowl and whisk together. Add the Eggs and Milk, and mix until combined. Fold in the Broccoli.
Scoop out the beignets and drop into the oil, frying until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel lined plates and season with salt immediately.
For the Dipping Sauce
Whisk together ingredients until combined and adjust seasoning as needed.