This old-fashioned whiskey cocktail with absinthe and bitters is a New Orleans staple.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/3 cup Rye Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- Dash of Bitters
- Lemon Peel for Garnish
- Fill glass with ice to chill.
- Pour Simple Syrup, Bitters and Rye Whiskey into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously to chill.
- Remove ice from chilled glass and swirl in Absinthe, then discard.
- Strain cocktail into chilled glass.
- Twist Lemon Peel to garnish.
Pea Pesto Pasta
Herbed Asparagus Frittata with Pea Shoot Salad
Striped Bass with Endive and Spring Onions
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Poule au Pot
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables
Peas and Carrots with Polenta
Asparagus & Cheese Tart
Spinach & Artichoke Puffs
Roast Chicken with Lemon-Sage Pan Sauce