This old-fashioned whiskey cocktail with absinthe and bitters is a New Orleans staple.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/3 cup Rye Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- Dash of Bitters
- Lemon Peel for Garnish
- Fill glass with ice to chill.
- Pour Simple Syrup, Bitters and Rye Whiskey into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously to chill.
- Remove ice from chilled glass and swirl in Absinthe, then discard.
- Strain cocktail into chilled glass.
- Twist Lemon Peel to garnish.
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken