This old-fashioned whiskey cocktail with absinthe and bitters is a New Orleans staple.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/3 cup Rye Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- Dash of Bitters
- Lemon Peel for Garnish
- Fill glass with ice to chill.
- Pour Simple Syrup, Bitters and Rye Whiskey into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously to chill.
- Remove ice from chilled glass and swirl in Absinthe, then discard.
- Strain cocktail into chilled glass.
- Twist Lemon Peel to garnish.
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella