This old-fashioned whiskey cocktail with absinthe and bitters is a New Orleans staple.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/3 cup Rye Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- Dash of Bitters
- Lemon Peel for Garnish
- Fill glass with ice to chill.
- Pour Simple Syrup, Bitters and Rye Whiskey into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously to chill.
- Remove ice from chilled glass and swirl in Absinthe, then discard.
- Strain cocktail into chilled glass.
- Twist Lemon Peel to garnish.
Grilled Cornbread with Blueberry Compote
Grilled Lobster Tails with Lime Basil Butter
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Red Onions
Taleggio and Salami Panini
Soft Shell Crab Falsi Testaroli with Lemon Tomato Basil Sauce
Pineapple Foster with Pound Cake
Cornflake French Toast with Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream
Cinnamon Pecan Waffles
Easy Poached Eggs with Spinach and Spicy Lemon Oil
Corn Fritters with Scallions