This old-fashioned whiskey cocktail with absinthe and bitters is a New Orleans staple.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/3 cup Rye Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- Dash of Bitters
- Lemon Peel for Garnish
- Fill glass with ice to chill.
- Pour Simple Syrup, Bitters and Rye Whiskey into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously to chill.
- Remove ice from chilled glass and swirl in Absinthe, then discard.
- Strain cocktail into chilled glass.
- Twist Lemon Peel to garnish.
rate this recipe
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler