This creamy and flavorful seafood risotto will quickly become a dinner favorite
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 6-7 cups Fish or Shrimp Stock
- 1 pound Rock Shrimp (cleaned)
- 1 pound Manila Clams (scrubbed clean)
- 1 pound Mussels (scrubbed clean and debearded)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 bunch Parsley (chopped to yield about 1/4 cup)
- In a heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil. Add the Shallots and Carrot with a pinch of Salt and cook until fragrant. Add the Rice and toast until opaque, adding a little more Olive Oil if needed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the White Wine and bring to a boil, cooking until almost dry, and then begin to ladle in the Stock to just cover the Rice. Cook, stirring constantly, maintaining a level of Stock just above the rice, for 10 minutes.
- Add the Clams and continue cooking another 4 minutes. Add the Mussels, and cook until the open, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook until Rice is soft but still very al dente. Add the Shrimp, cook for just a minute, and then season with Salt and Pepper, remove from heat, and stir in the Parsley. Serve immediately.