A rainy day favorite or a game day treat, this chowder is good almost any time of the year!
Seattle Clam Chowder
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion (minced)
- 2 ribs Celery (minced)
- 2 White Potatoes (scrubbed; peeled; finely diced)
- 12 ounces Cooked Canned Minced Clams (juice reserved)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cups Cream
- 2 cups Milk
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Sourdough Boule (hollowed out and toasted)
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, add the Butter. Once it has foamed and subsided, add the Onion, Celery, and Potatoes and a pinch of Salt. Cook until the Onions have softened. Add the Clams.
- Add the Flour and cook until the Flour resembles wet sand. Whisk in the Cream and Milk and bring to a simmer. Add the Clam Juice and simmer soup for 15 minutes to allow flavors to come together. Taste and season with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste.
- Serve in the Sourdough Bowl.