This tangy sauce will spice up any old sandwich. Give it a try.
- 12 Hot Banana Peppers from a jar with tops removed and chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- In a food processor, puree the peppers, garlic, mustard and vinegar.
- Pour the puree into a nonreactive saucepan, then add the sugar and bring it to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl or juice glass, mix the flour and 1/2 cup water to make a smooth paste. Whisk it into the pepper mixture and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until it becomes very thick. Let the sauce cool, then pour it into a covered nonreactive container (such as a glass jar). The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.