Clinton's Shaved Carrot Salad is all kinds of simple!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (rinsed, peeled)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 limes (zested, juiced)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 shallot (peeled, minced)
- 1 fresno pepper (seeded, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup mint (leaves only, torn)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (toasted)
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots into long ribbons and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the shallot and fresno pepper. Fold in the carrots and mint and top with the chopped toasted pistachios.
- To Toast Pistachios: In a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat spread pistachios in an even layer and toss occasionally for 5-6 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Allow to cool and roughly chop.
- Tip: If your local market doesn't carry fresno peppers, substitute with jalapenos!
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers