Clinton's Shaved Carrot Salad is all kinds of simple!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (rinsed, peeled)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 limes (zested, juiced)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 shallot (peeled, minced)
- 1 fresno pepper (seeded, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup mint (leaves only, torn)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (toasted)
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots into long ribbons and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the shallot and fresno pepper. Fold in the carrots and mint and top with the chopped toasted pistachios.
- To Toast Pistachios: In a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat spread pistachios in an even layer and toss occasionally for 5-6 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Allow to cool and roughly chop.
- Tip: If your local market doesn't carry fresno peppers, substitute with jalapenos!
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Autumn Pinata Cake
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip