Michael's delicious pasta dish can be done in less than 5 minutes.
Shells with Tuna, Chick Peas & Parsley
- 1 pound medium Pasta Sells or fresh Orecchiette Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- One 7 ounce jar of Tuna packed in Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoons Chile Flakes
- 1 cup cooked Chick Peas (drained if using canned)
- zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with Salt, to taste like the sea. Drop Pasta in Water and cook for 1 minute less than package instructions, or until it floats to the top if using fresh Pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat a few tablespoons of Olive Oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the Tuna, and cook for one minute undisturbed. Add the Garlic, Chile Flake, and Chickpeas, and cook, stirring occasionally, for two to three minutes. Season with Salt, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, Lemon Zest and Juice. Ladle a bit of the Pasta cooking water into the sauce, just to make a sauce. Add the drained Pasta and toss everything together to combine.
- Stir in the parsley and a drizzle of Olive Oil, and then serve.