A tasty comfort food that will keep your belly warm and your guests full!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 16 ounces Irish Sausage or Sweet Sausage (removed from casings)
- 4 ounces Bacon (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and cut in 1/2 moons)
- 2 Leeks (split, chopped)
- 1 ounce Irish Whiskey (or Whiskey)
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Peas (fresh or frozen)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add the Olive Oil and Sausage and cook until it has crisped and rendered its fat. Add the Bacon and cook until crisp.
- Add the Carrots, Leeks, cooking until the vegetables have softened. Deglaze the pan with Whiskey.
- Add the Flour and cook until the Flour has integrated and a wet sand texture. Add the Peas and Chicken Stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the sauce comes together and thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Pipe the Mashed Potatoes over the top of the filling and transfer to the oven. Broil for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- For Mashed Potatoes: Place Potatoes in a large pot and cover with Water by 3 inches. Bring to a boil and season with Salt. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Press the Potatoes through a ricer. Whisk in about 1 cup of Olive Oil. Transfer to a piping bag.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Potato Courses & Meals Dinner Beef Holidays & Occasions St. Patrick's Day
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami