Shrimp Summer Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce
Can't go wrong with a Shrimp Summer Roll!
- step-by-step directions
Summer Shrimp Roll:
- 12 large shrimp (headless, peeled and de-veined)
- 3 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 6 8- inch round rice paper wrapper
- 1 English cucumber (julienned)
- 1/2 bunch scallions (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint (leaves only)
- 1/2 bunch Thai basil (whole leaves only)
- Kosher salt to taste
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- 3/4 cup sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- For Shrimp Summer Rolls: In a large pot, over medium high heat, bring salted water to a boil and lower to a simmer. Prepare a large bowl of ice water and set it near the stove. Poach shrimp in simmering water until just cooked through, about 3 - 4 minutes and remove to the ice water to stop the cooking. Once cooled, remove shrimp to paper towel-lined plate and when dry, cut the shrimp lengthwise down the middle. Set aside.
- Bring the pot of water back to a boil and cook the vermicelli noodles in the same water, according to the package directions.
- Prepare a large bowl of warm water. Submerge the rice paper wrappers in water until softened and pliable, about 30 seconds. Remove to a cutting board and smooth with hands. Place 3 shrimp halves down the center of the wrapper. Top with vermicelli noodles, cucumber, scallions, mint and Thai basil.
- Fold the bottom lip of the rice paper over the noodle and cucumber mixture, fold the sides inward and roll upwards to form a seam.
- For Sweet Chili Sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sambal oelek, honey, rice vinegar and lime juice.
- To Serve: Slice the Shrimp Summer Rolls in half on a bias, and serve with a the Sweet Chili Sauce.
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken