Simple Cinnamon Rolls
So simple and so tasty!
- step-by-step directions
For the Rolls:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided , 2 tablespoons melted, remaining softened)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound frozen bread dough (thawed)
For the Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese (very soft)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (very soft)
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 200ºF. Once the oven is preheated, turn it off and keep the door closed. Brush two, 8-inch round cake pans with 2 tablespoons melted butter and set aside.
- For the Rolls: In a medium bowl, add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt mixing to combine. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 10x15-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with the remaining 8 tablespoons softened butter. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the surface of the bread dough leaving a 1/2-inch border on the side farthest from you. Press the filling into the dough before tightly rolling into a log. Pinch the seams closed.
- Using unflavored dental floss, cut log into 12 even pieces. Place the rolls in prepared cake pans then place in the oven to proof. Let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Raise the heat oven temperature to 375ºF.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls until light golden brown,15-20 minutes.
- For the glaze: While the rolls are baking, make the glaze. Whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, buttermilk and set aside.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and immediately invert on to a plate. Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls while still warm and serve right away.
- Tip: For a holiday surprise, sprinkle chopped nuts or raisins on top of the sugar mixture before rolling into a log!
rate this recipe
Oyster Po' Boys
Crispy Baked Potato Casserole
North African Chicken and Spinach Stew
Mini Vegan Sweet Potato Pies
Smoked Cheddar and Creole Mac-n-Cheese
Maple Panna Cotta with Roasted Grapes and Pistachios
Black and White Cookies
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Greek Pasta Salad