Fried, spicy and perfectly delicious taters.
Daphne Oz's Skillet Spuds
- 2 cup Potatoes (grated)
- 1 Onion (very thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- Oil for frying
- 2 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a pan, fry sliced onions in oil until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Grate potatoes and place in towel, wringing out excess water. Add oil to miniature cast iron skillet, and add potatoes. Crisp potatoes on both sides, about 2 minutes per side, and transfer patty to paper towel lined plate to dry. Wipe excess oil out of skillet, replace potatoes, cover with cheese, and transfer to oven. Bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with frizzled onions, scallions and spicy ketchup. To make spicy ketchup combine ketchup and hot sauce in a bowl. Add more hot sauce if higher heat is desired.