Grilled Skirt Steak with Cheesy Potato Salad
Justine Beringer's Marinated Skirt Steak with Loaded Potato Salad
- 1 full (2 pound) Skirt Steak
For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 3 tablespoons dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cloves Garlic (pressed)
For the Loaded Potato Salad:
- 3 pounds small Red Potatoes (boiled; water generously salted) (skin on; cut into bite sized quarters; cooled)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2/3 cup Bacon Crumbles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Grilled Romaine Lettuce:
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce (halved lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 Tomato (diced; for garnish)
- For the Marinade: Combine the marinade ingredients and whisk together. Pour over steaks and marinate overnight.
- For the Loaded Potato Salad: Place the potatoes in a pot of generously salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until fork tender. Strain, and allow potatoes to air dry and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the potatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Cut the potatoes into bite sized quarters and place in a large bowl. Pour mixture over potatoes and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.
- For the Grilled Romaine Lettuce: Preheat a grill to medium-high. Lightly oil. Season the steak generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Grill the steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Once cooked to desired temperature, remove from grill to rest.
- Drizzle each half of the head of romaine with Italian salad dressing. Place the romaine, cut side down, on the grill, and grill until lightly charred on all sides. Serve steak with grilled romaine, and garnish with tomatoes.