Slow Cooker Brisket
This slow cooker brisket from our Instagram fan Jay is delicious & perfect for the holidays!
- step-by-step directions
Slow Cooker Brisket
- 1 first cut beef brisket (about 3-3 1/3 pounds)
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic (whole)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 5-6 thyme stems (tied together with kitchen twine)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large Spanish onions (1 onion quartered, 1 onion sliced)
- 1 (15) ounce can beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (to garnish)
- 1 handful chopped parsley (to garnish)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- Season brisket generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle and rub the onion soup package on both sides of the brisket. Transfer brisket to a in a zip top bag and refrigerate overnight.
- To the bottom of the slow cooker, add the mushrooms, garlic, carrots, thyme, bay leaves and the quartered onion. Season with salt and pepper. Add the beef broth, wine and soy sauce. Remove brisket from bag and place on top of vegetables, fat-side-up. Add the sliced onion on top. Season with salt and pepper. Close the lid. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Let your holiday masterpiece rest for 20 minutes on the cutting board and cover with aluminum foil. Slice the brisket against the grain. Top with 1-2 cups of reserved broth. Garnish with parsley and pomegranate seeds on top and enjoy! Remove the veggies to a plate and serve on the side.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Courses & Meals Dinner Beef Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Main Dishes
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber