Smoked Fish Plate
Try this simple salmon recipe for dinner.
- step-by-step directions
Smoked Fish Plate
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices crusty bread (toasted)
- 1/2 cup frisee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup farmer's cheese
- 1/2 lemon (zested)
- 3-4 ounces hot smoked salmon (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow tomato (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/carla-hall-pickled-red-onions)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Pickled Cucumbers and Radishes (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/carla-hall-pickled-red-onions):
- 3 kirby cucumbers (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup radishes (thinly sliced)
- Preheat broiler.
- Fill a saucepan with cold water. Add egg and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for 6 minutes. Remove from water, place egg in ice water until cool, peel and halve.
- Place bread on sheet pan and under the broiler until lightly toasted, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl add frisee, drizzle the outside of the bowl with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to lightly coat.
- In a small bowl add the farmer's cheese and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- On a large plate, arrange in separate sections the salmon, tomato, farmer's cheese, pickled red onion, cucumbers, radishes, capers, frisee, crusty bread and egg. Serve.
- Tip: Add your favorite store-bought pickles and veggies to keep the plate seasonal all year long.
Similar categories: Fish & Seafood Other Fish Dinner Course Meal Dinner Dinner Courses & Meals Course Meal
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions
Baked Orzo with Turkey Meatballs
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Cobb Salad Baked Potato
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Hardy's Hearty Lasagna