Smoky Eggplant Dip
This smoky eggplant dip is a delicious alternative to hummus!
- step-by-step directions
Smoky Eggplant Dip
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 2 tablespoons mint (leaves only, roughly chopped plus more to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (leaves only, roughly chopped plus more to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives (pitted and chopped, to garnish)
- 8-10 pieces grilled bread and pita (to serve)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Place the eggplant on the grill until the skin blisters and blackens on all sides, covered, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from grill to allow to cool, the eggplant should be cooked through and soft.
- When cool enough to handle, split the eggplant lengthwise and remove the flesh to the bowl of a food processor. Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, mint and parsley. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and puree until relatively smooth. Add olive oil and continue to blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, if needed. Garnish with additional mint, parsley, pomegranate seeds and kalamata olives. Serve room temperature with grilled pita.
- For the Grilled Pita: brush both sides of the pita with olive oil. Place on grill and allow to char on both sides until warmed through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to foil, season with Kosher salt and keep warm.
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella