S'more Cream Puffs
Leave it to Carla to find a new way to enjoy the classic s'more. It might even be better than the delicious original.
- step-by-step directions
S'more Cream Puffs
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 7 Eggs
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 5 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Buttet at Room temperature (cut into tablespoon-sized pieces)
- 8 ounce Semisweet chocolate chips
- Crushed graham crackers (to top)
- Mini Marshmallows (to top)
- For the Cream Puffs: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line sheet pans with parchment and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium pot, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add all flour at once, turning heat down to medium-low. Begin to beat until mixture pulls away from sides and forms a ball.
- Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat at medium speed until cooled slightly. Turn speed up to high and add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Do not add the next egg until current egg is fully incorporated.
- When dough comes together, around 10 minutes, transfer to piping bag. Pipe 3 inch rounds onto the parchment lined sheet pan, leaving space between each.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until outside is golden brown and the inside of the puffs sound hollow. Cool completely before filling.
- To fill the puffs, transfer the pastry cream to a piping bag, with a medium tip. Use the tip to break a small hole in the puff, and fill.
- For the Cream Filling: In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch. Place over a low heat whisking gently just until the mixture bubbles, about 15 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl. Stir in vanilla extract. Press plastic wrap directly on the top of the cream and place in fridge to cool completely, approximately 2 hours.
- To Finish: Heat chocolate in a double boiler. Add the room temperature butter, a piece at a time, melting into the chocolate. Dip puffs into mixture.
- Top with crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows. Allow to dry on a parchment lined sheet pan.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber