Grill up some tasty beef for your next cinco de mayo party!
Skirt Steak Tacos
- For the Skirt Steak
- 1 ; 1.5 pound Skirt Steak
- Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Olive Oil
- For the Salsa Rojo
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo or Red Salsa
- 1/2 cup Enchilada Sauce
- For the Refried Beans
- 1 ; 14 ounce can Refried Beans
- 1 cup Mexican Lager
- 1 ounce White Tequila
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- For the Salsa Verde
- 3 Tomatillos (husked, cleaned, quartered)
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- pinch Salt
- Water (as needed)
- For the Assembly
- 12 Corn Tortillas (warmed)
- 1 Fresno Chile (sliced in thin rings)
- 1/4 cup Cotija Cheese (crumbled, to taste)
- Iceberg Lettuce (separated into leaves)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the Steak generously with the Salt, Chili Powder, and Cumin. Place on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Rest 10 minutes before carving.
- In a saucepot, combine the Salsa and Enchilada Sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until the sauce comes together.
- In a large sauté pan, add a drizzle of Olive Oil and the Refried Beans. Add the Chipotles in Adobo, Beer, and Tequila. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes, until the Beans thicken. Check seasoning and adjust as needed.
- In a blender, combine the Tomatillos, Cilantro, a pinch of Salt, and puree. Add water to loosen it as you blend, adding just enough to get a salsa consistency.
- Toast the Corn Tortillas in a dry pan for 30 seconds per side. Slice the Steak into thin slices against the grain. Smear some of the Beans on the Tortilla, top with Salsa Rojo, sprinkle a few slices Fresno Chiles over the Steak, sprinkle with some Cotija, and drizzle with Salsa Verde. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, wrap the tacos in a leaf of Iceberg and enjoy.|