The ultimate puffy comfort breakfast food
- step-by-step directions
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Half and half
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and scraped) OR 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Whites
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- Maple Syrup for garnish
- Whisk together the Yolks and Half and Half until thoroughly combined. Gently mix in the Flour followed by the Melted Butter, Sugar, Salt and the seeds from the Vanilla Bean. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the Egg Whites until loose peaks form.
- Gently fold the Egg Whites in to the Egg Yolk mixture until everything is fully combined but not deflated.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch nonstick or cast iron skillet. Over medium heat, ladle a spoonful of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form on the top side, about a minute, and then flip and cook until fully set on the second side. Transfer to a plate, and loosely tent with foil to keep warm.
- Drizzle with Maple Syrup and garnish with Powdered Sugar, serve immediately.
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions