The ultimate puffy comfort breakfast food
- step-by-step directions
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Half and half
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and scraped) OR 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Whites
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- Maple Syrup for garnish
- Whisk together the Yolks and Half and Half until thoroughly combined. Gently mix in the Flour followed by the Melted Butter, Sugar, Salt and the seeds from the Vanilla Bean. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the Egg Whites until loose peaks form.
- Gently fold the Egg Whites in to the Egg Yolk mixture until everything is fully combined but not deflated.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch nonstick or cast iron skillet. Over medium heat, ladle a spoonful of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form on the top side, about a minute, and then flip and cook until fully set on the second side. Transfer to a plate, and loosely tent with foil to keep warm.
- Drizzle with Maple Syrup and garnish with Powdered Sugar, serve immediately.
The Sweet and Spicy Burger
Quick Caprese Salad
Fried Salami Provolone-Stuffed Hot Dog
Grilled Chicken with Mango BBQ Sauce
Cherry Upside-Down Cake
Hazelnut-Crusted Swordfish Picatta with Charred Romano Beans
Spicy Peanut Grilled Chicken
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings