Carla's lightened up dessert will help you look slim and trim at the beach this Summer!
Sour Cherry & Raspberry Granita
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen Bing Cherries (pitted)
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- pinch Salt
- Mint (to garnish)
- Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (torn)
- In a blender combine Cherries, Raspberries, 1/2 cup Simple Syrup, Lemon and Salt. Blend until combined.
- Stir in remaining Simple Syrup. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and place in freezer. Use a fork to scrape the mixture every 30 minutes until it is frozen and resembles shaved ice.
- To serve, toss the garnish ingredients and sprinkle over individual servings of Granita.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Cherries Raspberries Courses & Meals Desserts Frozen Desserts Cuisine Italian