Carla's lightened up dessert will help you look slim and trim at the beach this Summer!
Sour Cherry & Raspberry Granita
- 2 cups fresh or frozen bing cherries (pitted)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- pinch salt
- mint (to garnish)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (torn)
- In a blender combine cherries, raspberries, 1/2 cup simple syrup, lemon and salt. Blend until combined.
- Stir in remaining simple syrup. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and place in freezer. Use a fork to scrape the mixture every 30 minutes until it is frozen and resembles shaved ice.
- To serve, toss the garnish ingredients and sprinkle over individual servings of Granita.
- For a simple syrup: equal parts sugar and water, heated until it dissolves
- Scrape mixture with fork every hour until frozen & resembles shaved ice (about 3 hours total)
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Cherries Raspberries Courses & Meals Desserts Frozen Desserts Cuisine Italian