Ron Silver of Bubby???s in NYC shows you how to make their famous Blueberry pancakes!
Sour Cream Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 4 extra Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted Butter - melted and cooled, plus more for the griddle and for brushing on the Pancakes
- 2 3/4 cups Milk
- Combine the Sugar, Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Using a whisk or mixer set on medium speed, beat the Eggs in a bowl for 2 minutes, or until frothy. Beat in the Sour Cream, Butter, and Milk. Stop beating as soon as the ingredients are combined.
- Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, briskly fold the Egg mixture into the Flour mixture, being careful not to overmix your Pancakes. It's okay if there are a few little lumps in the Batter (At this point, you can cover the Batter and refrigerate it for up to 3 hours or use it right away.)
- Preheat a stove-top griddle or a skillet over medium heat, or an electric griddle to 400°F, testing to make sure it's hot enough for a drop of water to bounce on it.
- Lightly Butter the griddle. Using a ladle, form Pancakes on the griddle using 1/4 cup Batter per Pancake. Cook the Pancakes until a few bubbles have formed on the surface of each one.
- Flip the Pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the other side. Brush the finished Pancake with a little melted Butter before serving.