Sour Cream Pancakes
Ron Silver of Bubby’s in NYC shows you how to make their famous Blueberry pancakes!
- step-by-step directions
Sour Cream Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 4 extra Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted Butter - melted and cooled, plus more for the griddle and for brushing on the Pancakes
- 2 3/4 cups Milk
- Combine the Sugar, Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Using a whisk or mixer set on medium speed, beat the Eggs in a bowl for 2 minutes, or until frothy. Beat in the Sour Cream, Butter, and Milk. Stop beating as soon as the ingredients are combined.
- Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, briskly fold the Egg mixture into the Flour mixture, being careful not to overmix your Pancakes. It's okay if there are a few little lumps in the Batter (At this point, you can cover the Batter and refrigerate it for up to 3 hours or use it right away.)
- Preheat a stove-top griddle or a skillet over medium heat, or an electric griddle to 400°F, testing to make sure it's hot enough for a drop of water to bounce on it.
- Lightly Butter the griddle. Using a ladle, form Pancakes on the griddle using 1/4 cup Batter per Pancake. Cook the Pancakes until a few bubbles have formed on the surface of each one.
- Flip the Pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the other side. Brush the finished Pancake with a little melted Butter before serving.
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie